Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Off-beat buildings

Doesn't this one sort of looks like it belongs in a Mordor-lite? Maybe if Sauron were a competent leader, one with an office staff to properly organize ring searches, manage army logistics, run a ministry of (mis)-information, ensure that orcs had a proper chain of command, and so on. Of course, the real building is perfectly inoffensive, it just looks this way because the glass isn't flat. Which is sort of weird, when you think about it.


In real life, this is one butt ugly building. It's called a fine example of the Brutalism school of architecture. No kidding, you can look it up. I'm not even sure why I took a photo of it. But once I got home and looked at it, I sort of liked the composition. Cropping helped. Then I went nuts with colour, wondering what would happen if a graffiti artist with taste attacked the building.

There's a fence around it now. The Calgary Board of Education sold the building a while ago, but I don't know what's going to happen. I hope they tear it down (budget extra for demolition, guys) and put up a nice building in it's place. Tie in the +15 to the Bow and to Bow Valley College, and life is good.

Swim this morning was excellent! 8:45 for 500 m feeling really good, some stroke drill, and water running after. A nice lady I was sharing the lane with asked me to video her. She's been learning to swim and wants to put together a proper video showing her progress. Of course I did so.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!