Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Opposable Thumbs of opening cat food

I'll bet you didn't expect an anatomical comparison between cats and humans.



Area
Winner
Why
Eyes
Cats
Can see in nearly complete darkness
Nose
Cats
Can sniff out food at 50 paces
Ears
Cats
Can hear the slightest noise from the prey
Tails
Cats
Humans are completely deficient
Can lick own butt
Cats
Humans are remarkably inflexible
Claws
Cats
Human nails are just pathetic
Teeth
Cats
Sharp, ready to tear apart prey any time
General offense or defense ability
Cats
5 of the 6 ends are pointy
Fur
Cats
Much better looking than clothes, and lets not even think about naked humans
Landing on feet
Cats
Humans are notoriously unbalanced, and fragile when they fall
Sleeping ability
Cats
Humans often complain of not sleeping well
Reaction time
Cats
Humans are so slow, especially when working on food
Everything else, with one exception
Cats
I think you get the idea
Opposable thumbs for opening and distributing cat food
Humans
To the extent they get on with it in a timely way

Some humans might argue that cats don't have laps, and need human laps for comfort, but the cats would sniff, and say they did without for untold generations, and really, any patch of grass in the sun is better.

All in all, it should be clear that cats are the superior creatures. Are we clear on that?

Fitness
Swimming: back in the groove. 1K, 18:30, 4 x 100 on 2 in less than 1:45.
Running 5K 33:40, starting with calves complaining, quads cranky, and hams barely talking to me. But even the first K was good and they all settled in surprisingly well. I deliberately wanted an easy run, not too long, and was really pleased at a 6:30 pace for the first 4K. It began to fall apart slightly in the last K and I decided not to push it.

I've been slacking off in the stretching and core departments lately. Today I waved the bus down and it stopped. I got on, but the bus didn't go very far before it stopped again. Just saying.

One of the lilies is about to bloom! I have to admit this looks a little sinister. Why no, I haven't been watching any science fiction/horror movies lately, why would you think that?


Stampede will be here soon. I'm already signed up for a lunch and plan to attend a breakfast. That's about par for the course for me. Dress code for guys is already verging on sloppy.

1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!