Sunday, June 5, 2016

I spy with my little eye

Oddly enough, I don't feel much like writing today. So you get some photos.

Seen through the fence.

We traded an old, old, really old bike away. Hadn't been ridden in decades. (should have got a photo of it!) In return, we got this. Plus there was some bell dingling involved. Red and blue, if you were wondering. These are AMAZING!! No, I didn't eat them all at once. Why ever would you think that?

Happiest girl ever doing her first Oly distance triathlon. If you want the whole story, you'll need to get her to write about it. I am, of course, happy to guest blog it. Hint, think age group podium!

Dessert the other night, out on the patio. Fresh raspberries, with raspberry cardamon ice cream.  It was really good. We've been having such lovely summer weather lately.

Some of the random flowers in the back shady bed.

The peonies are almost ready to explode into blossom. Can you feel the tension?

Oh, and did I mention that last month I ran more than 100 K? I think that's the first time ever in my life. I went back through older blogs to see what I was doing during Ironman training, but I was recording time, not distance. Back than I was T Rex in the tar pit. Now I feel like I've escaped the tar pit, and am lumbering along, wondering how long it will last, and if I'll catch any prey. I know perfectly well that some runners do 100 K practically weekly, but that's them. I'm pretty pleased.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Michelle!! Now I want to know ALL about it! Too bad we had a field hockey tournament and a recital this weekend or I'd totally go see her win!!

    Also, congrats on your 1st 100k running mileage for the month. I knew one day you'd evolve from a T Rex!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Michelle!!! Guest post please!!! How was the swim?!?

    Beautiful photos Keith!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!