Sunday, January 5, 2014

The last day of vacation

Two weeks! It's been so nice. It's gone so fast! I'm sure getting back into the groove of not working scary quick. I somehow thing adjusting to retirement will not be difficult.

The big thing was to get my novel in a state where I'm willing to let other people read it. Four intrepid readers have signed up, thank you so much! I've just discovered there is a chunk of repeated text so it's not 88K, it's 2500 words less.

It's kind of cold out today.


Here's the photos Michelle took. My phone froze because I had it in an outside pocket. First time for everything. For the first two her phone was shooting automatically.






Michelle and I planned to go for a run anyways. Here's the layers. Three pairs of pants, 4 shirts, jacket, gaiters. Nailed the layers, was warm without being too sweaty.
 

We even saw a few other people on the path. Hope they weren't scared of the frost and tusks. This time I was running with the face mask, and had to run without my glasses. They kept frosting up.

Overall we ran just over 7 K in an hour, which includes a slow selfie, and a cool down walk. The 37 St path was in excellent condition, getting there was a bit more fraught.

Oh, last news, if you know my buddy Susi, her email has been hacked. She is not in Ukraine, robbed.




2 comments:

  1. Brrrr! Good on you both for getting out there and getting it done! My sympathies for your end of vacation!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!