Monday, November 11, 2013

The first time for THAT in a long while

What a beautiful day! I was all relaxed from the yoga foot workshop Sunday. I really must incorporate some of that into my regular stretching routine. It was worth every penny. There's a January one for hips. I need it.

Got a good start on the writing today, then went for a run about lunch time. The run went really well for a while, almost exactly 4 K, just under 7 minute K's, then I started to get a really bad calf cramp, just where the muscle thickens up. Only the right leg. All along my calfs have been the first thing to start complaining, and it's been a long time. I tried stretching it out, but that didn't help much. I struggled another K, and called it.

Then I spent a long time downstairs on the mat, rolling it, stretching, massaging it. Still tight, still aching. I hope I haven't pulled anything. It doesn't feel like that, it came on kind of gradual, where my experience with pulls is that it happens almost between one step and the next.

Then I was back into the novel again, 35061 words total, 4026 today. I'd thought it was going to be a series of quick scenes to indicate the passage of time, but the background is Ironman Kona, and Ronnie and Kelly took over. That led into a scene I wanted, but hadn't known how to get into. So that's all good. Some nice ethical and moral dilemmas are now set up for the last part of the book.

As always, the cats have been supervising. I couldn't get a good shot of Celina. She was in scamper mode today.


This one was a little unnerving.

Last chance at the snippet I posted. After this you'll have to find it on your own. So far one very nice comment, thank you very much!

2 comments:

  1. Your kitty is goooooorgeous!
    The thought of writing makes me feel so sleepy... or maybe that is just the sleep deprivation. It's been sooo long since I've been here.

    Oh, I started hot yoga again. Bikram... and I hate it! lol. 90 long minutes of boooredom. Always the same poses. Didn't know that before I signed up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it's just a niggle and it will go away. There's no avoiding those occasional things that come and go. Off to read your snippet!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!