Saturday, August 24, 2013

4028, or 35, whichever you like

Today I was determined to start writing out the ending. I should be getting used to abrupt left turns because it happened again. 4028 words worth today alone. The conversation is a bit wordy, and one sided, and not quite what I expected. Still, I'm very pleased. I'll have to think about if this is a step to the ending, or is actually the beginning of something else. Hmmm. None of this would make any sense without reading what comes before it, so I won't post any snippets.

I was not BICHOK all day. It was beautiful so I went out for a ride. I had no idea what to expect, and that's what I got. I flatted barely 2 K into the ride, and didn't get the chain back on right so it popped off on the inside of the cassette. That's never happened to me before, and I got my fingers all mucky getting it out again.

This was an easy spin around the neighborhood for 35 minutes, plus another 15 dealing with the flat and the chain. My calves were all tingly on the one little hill I tried, so I don't think I'll be out to Road to Nepal this year, unless they come around really quick. I could feel the rust on my bike handling. Estela was grumpy about not being ridden so much this summer.

Three months ago I bottled this Portuguese Aragones Cabernet Sauvignon. There is still the faintest hint of carboy rawness, but it's a nice crisp dry wine with lots of fruity zing to it. It went very well with the BBQ chicken for supper. There is some nice body to it, and I think it's going to be excellent in another few months. I like these kinds of labels. The plastic will peel off without any residue.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!