Saturday, December 24, 2011

Under a minute to decorate the tree

This was a nice Christmas Eve. For once I had no shopping to do. It was weird, and relaxing to have started and finished my shopping nearly a week ago.

We had a very leisurely start to the day, reading papers, drinking coffee, and cuddling the furry mammal of the house. Once that was done I was on the bike for 1.5 hrs, doing a variety of stuff, sweating hard. No pool smell, though, I think my run yesterday got it out of my skin.

Today is tree day, as I think of it. In our house we decorate the tree on Christmas Eve. There are times in the past I have thought of this as a chore, but this year the grinch in me is a bit subdued. I was looking forward to it, though I'm not sure why. It's something we do together, and I was planning to take a time lapse movie of it. Some of you might remember I did video last year and chopped it down to a reasonable length. This is about 50 seconds. The amusing part is watching Amelia watching us for the first little bit. Hmmm, you might need to widen your screen to see it all.



Here's the other side of the tree when we were done, showing the little diorama that Linda likes to make.





We don't have big plans for the day. Essentially we're going to open our presents, and hang out for the day. I'll probably watch some video. It will be a rest day, so no workout for me. It's supposed to be nice so maybe we'll take a walk down in Fish Creek.

Tonight we're going to work on another glass of wine and watch Love Actually.

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Cool video though I couldn't get my screen to cooperate so I went to the Youtube link to watch it properly. Way to sweat it out on the bike today! I love having our tree up for the greater part of the month of December. It definitely helps get me more in the spirit. My kids are finally old enough to assist which is great! Though they don't do a very good distribution of the ornaments. One of these days, I'll finally be brave enough to put my neat village under/around the tree again when no more little kids will be coming. Might have gotten away with it this year, but I think I was just too lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is a GREAT idea! I have that movie... I can watch it for the umpteenth time while I attempt to wrap presents at warp speed :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you celebrate Boxing Day on the 26th?

    I've not seen that movie? Is it worth it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. MC! I was a bit surprised to see it so big. I'm still figuring out some of the Timelapse settings, but it's fun to play with. Our concern with some ornaments is cats. We had the tree in our second bedroom a few times, suspecting that at least one cat would react badly to it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which is the great idea? The time-lapse movie? The wine? Love Actually? Something else? Curious minds want to know! MC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we totally celebrate Boxing Day. A nice dinner is in the works. A cousin I haven't seen in years is coming to visit. I'll do a bike workout and maybe run. There is wine to be drunk, books to read, and movies to watch. What more do we need?

    Love Actually is a bit schmalzy in places, and there's a couple spots where I cringe, but generally it hits the sweet spot. I love the bit at the end where the movie producer is totally and completely gobsmacked. Actually, there's lots of bits I like. It's one of my go to movies if I'm feeling grumpy or depressed. The "Billy Mack" interviews are priceless.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!