Monday, April 25, 2011

A nice day for a nice run

But it started with a half way decent core workout. I even managed 7 pushups, plus the knees to elbow one, both of which was a bit of a surprise, considering I couldn't do any of either Saturday. Half an hour.

Started the run easy, with the firm intent of keeping the whole run easy. I even wore my heart rate monitor to ensure I was keeping it easy. For about the first half of the run my heart rate was lower than I would have expected from my breathing, then things things settled down to normal. Ran an hour, down into Fish Creek and back. Just under an 8 Kph pace, nice and easy, no hard breathing at all, even going up the hill out of the park. I'd loosed the laces on my new shoes, and they feel much, much better now. My legs felt pretty good, with a few knee twinges about the half way point. A subtle change in stride seemed to help. Mostly my feet felt light, and my legs strong. I'm really happy with the run.

Lots of people out running, and I saw a few people heading out on their road bikes. You've got to make hay while the sun shines, as the saying goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!