Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pummeled into submission

That was the massage on Sunday. I was good for nothing after. Same on Monday. I think if I'd had a bit more time to get it together, and knew I could have a long relaxing swim, I'd have made it work. But no, On Monday's there's a meeting pretty well first thing so I have to hustle. No fun.

Tuesday wasn't really a heck of a lot better. I was feeling creaky and sore in that grumpy sort of way. Nothing really wrong, but nothing quite right either. We went out for a great, GREAT dinner at the Selkirk Grille at Heritage Park, treat of our financial advisor. We'll be going back. The food and service was excellent, and it was nice to have some space on the table to spread out the paperwork. Plus the Gasoline Alley display looks really cool! By the time we got home I was in no shape to do anything but go to bed.

Wednesday I had an 8am meeting with the guy that will be my team lead after April 1. Needless to say, I'm willing to pay quite a bit of attention to what he says. So no swim either. But, I did go to yoga. The clam pose was not a fluke last week. I did it again tonight, and got further than ever without even trying or going to the full extent of my range of motion. I don't know if it's because I've dialed back so much on the other workouts or what. Maybe peace and tranquility is sinking in, at last. Class tonight was good, except for one sequence involving lots of kneeling. I don't like kneeling stuff. But I did to proper pigeon for the first time in a long time, and it felt pretty good. Oh, sure, my feet aren't as far out to the side as they were, but it's a start.

Tomorrow the kids are still in the pool so no swim in the am. Boo. Friday for sure. This will be the longest I've been off swimming since about October. I hope I remember how.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!