Sunday, May 2, 2010

It's George and Arthur's fault

I'm still tired, and it's George and Arthur's fault. They are a pair of neutered brothers living in Edmonton that we visited this weekend. They have very musical voices and sing a lot.

Friday I was so tired after the work week and the run I went to bed early. Then I was up again in the early morning and couldn't sleep. So I cleaned up some email and surfed blogs. Then back to bed. Not the best choices for good quality sleep. We did some house chores on Saturday then left for Edmonton. Picked up another couple wine kits along the way.

Saturday night was a wonderful meal of BBQ ribs, corn on the cob, spuds, salad, then two desserts, angel food cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream. Also some cupcakes which were very good, and very sweet. And getting caught up with our friends who we haven't seen in a while.

The bed there is a bit soft and the house creaks a bit. This is to be expected since it's over 100 years old. I didn't sleep well. Remember what I said about those musical voices? We were out for breakfast at a really yummy place. If I have any Edmonton readers The Blue Plate might ring some bells. We left a little later than planned and so of course, got home later than planned. Plus shopping. Linda was geezered. I picked out a nice chair in the lawn furniture section and relaxed till she was done. (Hey, don't feel bad for her, I had 7 hours of dealing with geezers on the highway.)

About 6 I looked at my brick workout. I thought about how I felt. I'd hoped to get my ride done outside, but it's really gusty windy and kind of cool still. I started getting ready for my ride indoors, then realized when I'd be doing, and what working out this late would do for my sleep tonight. You see, exercise wakes me up. All that air going through my lungs, the blood moving through my body, I perk right up. Usually. Then it takes a while to come down again. It's just after 6:30 now, and after I finish packing my swim bag for the morning, I'm seriously considering going to bed. I'm making the call it's better to skip the workout, get some sleep and start the new week feeling fresher. I hope. But if I do the workout tonight, I'll be to bed late, and I'll be dragging my tail all next week too. Decisions, decisions. I hate to miss this session since it looks like fun, so I have a plan. Hmmmmm. Details later.

Oh, and Missy, I was looking at the flood video on CNN. That's just gross! Hope that you're high and dry and all ok.

(Ok, ok, you deserve to be told the rest of the story. George and Arthur are two huge orange cats belonging to our friends Kate and Rob. An unbiased observer would say they belong to the cats. You cat "owners" out there know how it is. They are very nice cats. But then I'm very partial to huge orange cats.)

Weekly summary
Swim 3.0 hrs
Bike 3.0 hrs
Run 1.5 hrs
Walk .5 hrs
DWR 1.0 hrs
Total Cardio 8.0 hrs
Core 2.0 hrs
Total workout 10.0 hrs
Totally beat at the end of the week, dragging my butt through the workouts. I know why, since I was up a bit late on Monday and never got caught up. I'm usually pretty good about staying on top of my sleep.

7 comments:

  1. dogs have owners.

    cats have staff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My old job meant I had to be on the road by 4.30am every Monday - I never got caught up on that all week either - funny - but not really :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Keith...it's bad. I am 'thankful' to only have some water damage around a couple of windows (drywall etc). We had to basically dig up our yard in the torrential rain to get everything to drain away from the house. Besides some drywall repair and the new moat that we have, WE are ok but lots of peoples are not. Homes under water with no flood insurance...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Missy -- I am so sorry to hear about that!! Oh man what a freaking nightmare! I am glad you didn't get dinged like other people!!

    Keith -- I'm partial to big orange cats too. :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was completely intrigued by your title and was contemplating doing a quick Google search before reading any further...heh.

    What kind of wine kits did you pick up? I keep meaning to take a run out to Red Deer and pick up a couple...although I don't think I'll have time to start one until June.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They don't make bark collars in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It blows my mind you have more time invested in core than you do running. You must have some seriously rock hard abs!

    I'm the same way about working out later in the evening. I don't get home until 8ish and it takes me forever to go to sleep - despite the fact that I'm exausted!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!