Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No fun yoga

Swim in am cut a few minutes short, and not quite what the program said. But when there's a gong show going on, you'd better be banging the biggest and loudest gongs, or you'll be getting your gongs banged.

There were 4 people in the lane most of the swim. Mr. 25 m churn, could swim at a respectable speed, 25 m at a time, sounding like a heart attack, even worse than Julie used to, after every length. And churn! Holy cow talk about bubble city. One girl swimming moderate speed, but slow about getting the message people want to pass her. One guy about my speed, then switching to fins and kickboard. One really slow breast stroker giving the rest of them a bad name. Nearly ran over her once totally by accident. And me, trying to keep ahead or catch the pack. Or a full speed burst to pass, and stay passed.  So after a warmup it was a pretty intense 40 minute swim. For the record, it takes exactly 20 minutes from hopping out of the pool, to walking in the front door at work.

Yoga was kind of brutal. My shoulders are killing me. We were doing leg circles with the strap, and Fiona was talking about doing smaller circles if anyone's hips were clicking. Well, my hams were clicking. No shit. Around, and I could feel a tendon, or ligament or muscle pulling against other stuff, then snapping past. It's a very weird feeling. I did smaller circles. Other stuff would normally be good, but I wasn't quite in the mood.

3 comments:

  1. But when there's a gong show going on, you'd better be banging the biggest and loudest gongs, or you'll be getting your gongs banged.

    Did you used to be in the group T-Rex?

    [Anticipated Keef reply: "Who are T-Rex?" This is T-Rex.]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never swimming at your pool...too much drama for this lama. You should come swim at SAIT with me during lunch...we'd have a lane to ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Shannon -- I'm never swimming in your pool unless we go together - then WE can take over a lane and educate some people about lane etiquette in the process. :)

    Bonk those gongs baby!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!