Sunday, March 7, 2010

A modest day

Guess what we had for lunch? Doesn't this look yummy? We decided to have our main meal of the day now, and eat lightly later.


I'm still not feeling up to snuff. The Octo-Mucous Monster is weakening, but fighting hard for it's life. Stretched lightly, then got on the bike to see how that would work out. Warmed up gradually. In the end I decided to do an easy spin, thinking about form while trying to pretend my shoes were made of eggshells. Think spinning smooooooothly. Also think trying to minimize jerky wear and tear on my muscles. I can barely call this aerobic exercise, since my heart rate probably didn't get into zone 2. One hour. Half an hour of stretching after that. Pigeon pose, soleus, hamstrings, squats, single leg squats. Rollered calves and IT band firmly after that.

Today is totally beautiful out, 13 C (55F) sunny, no wind. Lots of people are out on their motorbikes, and I've seen a few out on their road bikes. Still dressed warmly, once you get going there's still a bit of a chill in the air. We walked around the neighbourhood for half an hour, then I called it quits while Linda went on. My knees were feeling a bit twingy.

Weekly Summary (a sick week, again. Grrr.)
Swim 1.0 hrs
Bike 2.0 hrs
Run 1.0 hrs
Walk 1.5 hrs
Core 2.0 hrs
Total 7.5 hrs

Now, lets see if this posts automatically for when I set it too. It didn't.

4 comments:

  1. Looks delicious Keith!!!!! It is lovely here too!!!!!!!! REALLY REALLY LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Octo-Mucous Monster is weakening, but fighting hard for it's life. Stretched lightly, then got on the bike to see how that would work out.

    Well there's your problem right there, Keef! Stop letting the Octo-Mucous Monster use your workout equipment. No wonder it's so strong!

    Jebus, you Kanadian are just too polite! If you can't say "Get your OWN exercise bike!" to a hideous monster then I should just be able to send you a self-addressed envelope (no - YOU supply the stamp!) and tell you to put the contents of your bank accounts in there and send it to me.

    BTW, the self-addressed envelope is on the way. Small bills, please. And KANADIAN dollars - not these worthless American greenbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ZOMG, Keef! Whud you do to your blog! My comment appears in the comments section, but it's not showing up when you look at your post!

    WEIRD!1!

    ReplyDelete
  4. O, there it is.

    Never mind.

    But I swear on LooMoo's anus, it wasn't there before!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!