Thursday, August 27, 2009

Easy relaxing swim

It's been a while since I was in the pool. I haven't particularly wanted to swim the last little while. It's been a good mental health break. I had a lane to myself, nice! Swam 45 minutes at an easy relaxed pace, never breathing too hard. Paid a lot of attention to how I was feeling, how my stroke was doing. The only real muscle complaint was down the inside of my forearm. For a while I was trailing a stream of rust behind me, but after about 20 minutes I settled in and things smoothed out. Played with the stroke a bit, and counted strokes per lap a bunch of times. It was mostly 20 or 21 per length. The swim was a bit slow, but I didn't care, since I wasn't counting lengths.

After the floaties in the dive tank cleared out I did core work for 30 minutes. All is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking forward to reading your comment!