Saturday, April 25, 2009

Tomorrow is the day!

Today is cloudy and cool, about zero. Ran in shorts anyway. Nice and easy, mostly in the very bottom of zone 3 for 35 min or so, with some strides to limber up my legs. I didn't time myself, or wear the heart rate monitor. Stretched lots after, and put my legs up. I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Still not thinking about time, though I think the odds are good of finishing before they open the course to regular traffic. The weather is still a crap shoot, which is not a surprise for this time of year. Here's the forecast, and now you know as much as I do.



This race isn't using a regular timing chip, it's using using the D-Tag system. This looks pretty neat, since it starts your time when you actually cross the start and finish line, as well as recording when you cross the mats at any other stage. It uses RFID technology. The 'chip' itself is a plasticized strip you fasten to your shoelaces. I don't think it would work well in a triathlon since you are barefoot, wearing bike shoes and wearing running shoes.

This para is only for Julie. Yesterday we BBQ'd rack of lamb, and chicken marinated in blackberry chipolte sauce. Tomorrow after the race the plan is for roast lamb, veggies, and spuds. I'm sure I'll have a appetite. We were thinking about having the lamb tonight, but I wasn't totally sure about how much I should eat before the race, and what sorts of food I should or shouldn't eat.

Here's the countdown timer from when I posted this.

1 comment:

Looking forward to reading your comment!