Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Treadmilling away, again

Tues morning was another treadmill session at FOMC. The weight room was full when I started, and empty when I was done. Gee, I didn't think I was sweating that much!

Warmed up, then did 4 x 9/1. With the new batteries in the heart rate monitor, I now trust the results, and I dialed into the top of zone 2. It's a different treadmill though, and seems to be calibrated differently. According to it, I was running a lot faster at a lower heart rate. Cooled down and stretched a bit.

Spin class was a lonely affair. Only a few of us showed up and IG decided that the total class energy output had to match the standard set by other classes. So he worked us hard. Lots of one leg drill. Then 5 sets where we went from a high cadence to low, or vise versa, without a break in between. It's tough going from 70 or 80 up to 110 or 120.

Traffic getting there sucked big time, and it wasn't much better going home. Those of my faithful readers that don't live in Calgary should be happy. Here's a photo of what it looks like Wed am.

1 comment:

  1. The usual 2.5 hour drive into Calgary took me over 3.5 hours yesterday -- I was actually going 20km/hour on the Deerfoot!!!

    I couldn't believe it -- it took me forever to get out of the city too -- I feel for you, Keith -- I really do!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!