Monday, March 17, 2008

Frazzled

My alarm clock and I have a deal. I rarely use it, but it doesn't feel neglected because every once in a while it gets to scare the crap out of me. Today was one of those mornings. Last night was quite a bit later than normal, and I was getting a really sound sleep. Complete with x-rated dreams, even. It started with me riding my bike on the road to Nepal, and passing a SYT riding a horse beside the road. We exchange compliments "nice bike!" "nice horse!", and, well, there isn't much more I can say about it in a family blog.

FOMC pool was crowded again today. I don't know what it is about Mondays recently, but it's been really crowded. We were 4 to a lane again today. The two other fast girls were in a lane with a baggy shorts guy that with fins, can't quite keep up to me. They weren't having much fun dodging him. In our lane the other people swam at ok speeds, except for when they did something other than front crawl.

I even forgot to start my stopwatch, so at 100 m I looked at my watch and saw a bunch of zeros. So I started it, but then I'm busy playing dodge-em with the other people, and forgot to click it for laps. So the upshot is that I'm not even sure how long I swam, or how far I went.

about 20 minutes, probably 1K
15 minutes core work
Call it 30 minutes total

Oh, and I hope you noticed I signed up for the Vulcan Tri! I'm told it's lots of fun, though now I have a goal. I told them I could swim 500 m in 7-9 minutes. My best time for 500 m is 9:22 or so, but that's as the front end of a whole K. I'm guessing that if I don't have more to swim I can take a second or so off of each lap. Hope to see lots of you there.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be there will bells on. Ok maybe not actual bells, it might annoy the other athletes. Through that could be a good strategy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! I might have to come up and cheer you on too! :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..family rated blog...lol Good luck in the Vulcan tri!!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!