Friday, February 22, 2008

slow swim, but great number!

I dragged my sorry butt out of bed this morning to face an IGP 60 minute swim. Normally that's a good thing, but I was tired going into the pool. I decided no intervals, although this pool has a pace clock I can see. No sprints, no pushing, just a nice easy swim.

2000 m 41:30, which is slow. My arms felt like overdone spaghetti. Smooth enough and a nice stroke, but just slow and didn't feel strong. No idea about heartbeat, but breathing was regular and deep, with no straining.
20 minutes core and flexibility in the dive tank.

I'm doing the snoopy dance here about the weekly number. 238! And that's in spite of my wife buying a humungous Bernard Callebeau chocolate heart with 42 dark choco goodies inside, and my pigging out on my fair share, plus my favourite cookies calling for my attention, and a big fish and chip dinner last night.

I'm looking forward to watching Greg tonight. Go Greg Go!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your number! I am drooling reading about the chocolates . . . ah well, sometimes it's best to be voteuristic about someone else pigging out on chocolate!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cripes! I can't believe I misspelled voyeuristic. You realize the state I'm in when the topic is chocolate.

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!