Sunday, December 23, 2007

spin and run cramp

The bike was a bit of a mix and match today. I felt reasonably good, but not great. Somehow my feet felt just a bit out of time. It's like I could feel my right foot doing an arc, then my left foot. I had the oddest feeling of not being grounded or stable on the bike.

10 min warmwup
10 min set 1 min each at 100, 110, 120, 130, 120, 110, 100 without a rest in between. That got the heart rate going.
10 min doing some one legged drill.
10 min at 100 rpm in medium gear on small chainring, HR low 130's, then 5 minute recovery.
7 x 20 sec at 140 to 150 rpm with 1 min 40 second recovery.
1 set on big chainring, 100 rpm, then 85, then a harder gear, do it again, harder gear, do it again.
spin it out to the 1.5 hr mark doing easy spin cool down.

3 minute transition
I got 10 minutes into my 20 minute run, and got a cramp or something in my left calf. That came on almost between one step and the next. I ended up walking gently back to the house after trying to stretch it out and massage it a bit. I'm not quite sure what I was doing different today, or if muscles are just tired after a long hard week. I'll see how it feels tomorrow, and maybe give it more rest if needed.

My weekly total
Swim 2.5 hr
Bike 4 hr
Rune 1.66 hr
Total 8.16 hrs.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! Take care of the calve, test it out tomorrow, if it's still a no go you may need to get a massage. I know, I know, it'll be a hardship, but I'm sure you can handle it.

    We all get nigglies sometimes, the trick is not to let them turn into something else. Good job on the bike too!

    ReplyDelete

Looking forward to reading your comment!